Hong Kong ACM SIGGRAPH is a Professional Chapter of
the Association for Computing Machinery‘s Special Interest Group in Computer Graphics.
Serving the Hong Kong area, Hong Kong ACM SIGGRAPH is the largest local chapter of
ACM SIGGRAPH (Association of Computing Machinery Special Interest Group in Computer Graphics).
The Chapter as a non-profit trade body is organized and is operated exclusively for educational, scientific and artistic purpose in Hong Kong region. Its objectives are:
- To promote an increased knowledge of and greater interest in the educational, artistic and scientific aspects and applications of modern computing in computer graphics.
- To advance the art, science, engineering, and application of computer graphics technology.
- To serve both professional and public interests by fostering the open interchange of information by promoting the highest professional and ethical standards.
- We organize events such as seminars, conferences, exhibitions, courses and overseas study missions, and serves as a resource centre for up-to-date information on the technologies, related events and links.
At Hong Kong ACM SIGGRAPH Professional Chapter, you:
- Meet like-minded people: You can meet all sorts of professionals and enthusiasts in web designs, computer graphics, animation and virtual reality at various gatherings the Chapter organizes.
- Keep up-to-date early: You can get the latest technology development fast, from information disseminated through SIGGRAPH, our parent organization in the USA.
- Interact at Members’ forum: Join in at talks where we discuss topics of common interest. Such as tips and experience on using Maya / 3DS Max, creative contents ideas and issues in graphics hardware etc.
- Attend technical talks: we will invite international experts, discussing how certain techniques work and the breaking technologies. Such sessions will let you know how to best exploit a technique, and the next generation of graphics and animation systems.
- Visit local & overseas studios and institutions: We organize visits to interesting places that do work in our field, like multimedia studios at local institutions and overseas animation studios etc. We will also organize overseas study mission to visit SIGGRAPH, USA
Professional and Student Chapters Committee
The ACM SIGGRAPH Chapters are chartered by ACM and ACM SIGGRAPH. ACM has delegated oversight of these chapters to ACM SIGGRAPH. In turn, ACM SIGGRAPH has a Chapters Committee Chair who acts as a liaison between the ACM SIGGRAPH Executive Committee (EC) and the chapters.
The Professional and Student Chapters Committee (PSCC) is the leadership group established by the Director for Chapters. The PSCC has several sub-committees and is made up of current and former chapter leaders.
The present Director for Chapters is Scott Lang. The chart below gives you complete contact information for the committee members. Feel free to contact committee members with any questions.